Rock Climbing Instructor -Training
The Rock Climbing Instructor Award is ideal for anyone who wants to manage groups at single pitch crags and indoor climbing walls. It is an industry standard qualification and one that has started the career of many mountaineering instructors and guides.
The course will follow the Rock Climbing Instructor Syllabus over three days and is delivered practically at a number of crags and a climbing wall. It will demonstrate how to operate as a competent and safe Rock Climbing Instructor, the course is designed to promote discussion on the wide variety of technical equipment available and methods of working on a crag with a group.
Prior Experience Require?
- You should be at least 18 years old
- You should have at least a years worth of experience of rock climbing
- You should have an interest in supervising novice climbing groups
- To undertake the Rock Climbing Instructor training course you will need tobe registered for the Rock Climbing Instructor and have an account on Mountain Training’s Candidate Management System.
- You must have led at least 15 graded rock climbs with traditional protection
- You must have led at least 15 climbing wall routes
- You must have led at least 5 outdoor bolt protected sport climbs
- You must be a member of a Mountaineering Council (the British Mountaineering Council, Mountaineering Council of Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland)
What format is the Course?
The course runs over three days and includes two days outside on single pitch crags, where you will be shown the majority of the syllabus with regards to safely using a single pitch climbing venue with a group of novice climbers. Another day is then spent in an indoor climbing wall teaching you about managing groups inside and some basic technique coaching.
What is not included?
We expect you to be interested in rock climbing to come on the course as such you will need you own harness, helmet and basic rock climbing equipment, including a rack and rope. We can provide some specialist equipment for the training course. A full kit list is provided.
The course is non-residential, so you will need to find accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will also need to supply your own food throughout the course.
|To book, find out more or to arrange an alternative date email us here.|
|…or call us on 07872565225|