Fast Track Instructor Scheme
This Fast Track Instructor Scheme in Rock Climbing and Mountain leadership runs over 30 weeks of the year and has an average of 4 days contact time a week with one of our instructors or teaching team. Over those 120 days, we will develop you as a proficient rock climber and mountaineer to get you to the required level to register and attend you Climbing Wall Award, Foundation Coach, Rock Climbing Instructor Award and Summer Mountain Leader courses.
We will work with you closely on low ratio courses to help you reach and exceed the required level for your assessments. Both in terms of personal development and professional experience. We do this through a variety of internal and external courses aimed at developing the very best climbing coaches and mountain leaders. The course is non-residential and based in the heart of UK trad climbing and mountaineering, North Wales.
As part of the course, we also aim to visit The Peak District, Scotland, Lake District, The South West and Spain, where we will provide either tented or self-catering accommodation. This will allow us to offer a year-round rock climbing and mountaineering opportunities.
We also offer the added benefit of teaching some of the softer skills of teaching, coaching and instruction on the course. Skills like Reflective Practice, Goalsetting, Giving and Receiving Feedback, Decision Making, Emotional Intelligence, Pedagogy (Teaching and Learning), Legal and Moral aspects of coaching and Environmental Knowledge. All key skills that help make you a great outdoor instructor.
Why Choose Our Instructor Training Course?
- Guaranteed low ratios max of 1 to 4.
- NGB Qualification included – CWA, SPA, ML (Summer), Foundation Coach
- 4 Days a week contact time over 30 weeks
- Amazing locations for climbing and mountaineering
- Personalised programmes and mentoring
- Expert tuition from the UK’s leading coaches and instructors
- Supervised Teaching and Coaching Experience
What is Included in the course
- CWA Training and Assessment
- SPA Training and Assessment
- Fundas 1 & 2
- ML Training and Assessment
- Foundation Coach Training and Assessment
- 2 Weeks Self Cater Trip to Scotland/Lake
- 2 Weeks Self Cater Trip to Peak/South West
- 10 Day Self Catering Trip to Spain
- Transport to and from days activities
- 120 days contact time with expert coaches and instructors
What is not included
- Accommodation and food when based in Snowdonia
- Food when away from Snowdonia
- Flights to Spain
- Transport whilst on NGB award courses
- Personal Outdoor Equipment – Although we can probably help you get discounts in local outdoor stores.
Fast Track Instructor Scheme – Draft Program 2018 -19
Please check out our draft course program for the 30-week course in the PDF below.
|To book, find out more or to arrange an alternative date email us here.|
|…or call us on 01286650217 or Mobile 07872565225|